Personal friend: encouragement and friendship for disabled children
Each person needs attention and warmth. “Personal friend” program is an opportunity for every child who lives in orphanage to find a friend-volunteer who will converse, encourage and help one certain child, not wasting a lot of time and significant resources for this. The program comprises all the same as usual friendship has – you make a creative work plan with a child or you choose any other method to improve socialization and psychological state of a child, broaden the mind of your friend, play with him and spend time together.
Participation in the program does not require any formality (documents, exact rules etc.). However, “Personal friends”, if they wish, may get necessary help from volunteers, in particular from other “Personal friends” and from Ukrainian Charity Network in general. “Personal friend” must record positive and negative changes of the child after meeting for opportunity to improve the program.
One volunteer can be a “Personal friend” only for one child. The program is not limited only by helping children; it also covers full-aged orphans in orphanages.
Information about “Personal friends”, exactly about you and your friend in ward is private and can be published only with your consent. Publishing of the rest of information about volunteering in social networks is permitted.
For volunteers who have no opportunity to pay passenger fare, Ukrainian Charity Network will pay it. “Personal friends” must consider presenting anything independently and in a responsible manner.
To become a “Personal friend” under the program you:
- meet orphan from orphanage;
- offer your own vision of helping and encouraging to program coordinator and two other “Personal friends” and in case of its approval you become a participant of the program.
- after approval of program coordinator and two other “Personal friends”, you become a participant of the program.
- conclude a contract with Ukrainian Charity Network about keeping information about the child who will be assigned to you by administration of orphanage confidential.
Orphans and disabled children need your attention and communication. They meet their new friends with great pleasure. Every minute you spend with a special child may really change his or her life for the better.
Currently, there are 3 “Personal friends”.
“Personal friend” program was established on January 2017 at the initiative of volunteers, three of them decided to become first “Personal Friends” to three children.
Contacts, reports, information for help
The coordinator of the program “Personal friend”: Svitlana Samarska, tel.: +38 095 401 71 32, +38 067 340 53 63.
How to help?
1. Make donation with Visa or MasterCard bank card online:
2. Make donation on our account No. 5169 3324 0543 6935. Please indicate “Donation need 47-17” in comments (assignment) of the payment.
3. Make donation via any terminal of PrivatBank. To do this, you need:
- to come to the nearest terminal of PrivatBank, the address of which you can find on the website of the bank. Terminals are located not only in the branches of PrivatBank, but also in stores and other public establishments, which also work in weekends.
- to find with terminal our charity organization as beneficiary by ID No. 36498142. To do this you need to choose menu option “Other payments”, then option “…search by name or details…”, after finding us enter a code No. 36498142 in the field “ÎÊÏÎ” (National Classifier of Enterprises and Organizations) (a search result “Ukrainian Charity Network , CO” shall be displayed). You need to indicate number of this need No. 47-17 in the assignment of payment, which you have to change by yourself.
4. Make donation in any bank on the territory of Ukraine with the following details:
- beneficiary: CO “Ukrainian Charity Network “;
- ID (EDRPOU): 36498142;
- beneficiary’s bank: IF Branch of “PrivatBank” PJSC;
- bank code (MFO) 336677;
- account No. 26001060399676;
- assignment of the payment: Donation for need 47-17.
5. Make donation from abroad:
- on PayPal (please indicate "Donation, need 47-17" in comments (assignment) of the payment): firstname.lastname@example.org
- on accounts for SWIFT international bank transfers (please indicate "Donation, need 47-17" in comments (assignment) of the payment):
- IBAN UA763366770000026004057000339 (for donations in USD);
- IBAN UA033366770000026008057001323 (for donations in EURO).