Adoption of Children
The adoption of the child shall in its best interests to ensure a stable and harmonious conditions of life.
The question of adoption, including international, regulated in Ukraine the following regulations:
- Family Code of Ukraine; posted on the website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
- The conduct of the Adoption and oversee human adopted children, adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine N 905 of October 8, 2008; posted on the website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Please note that, according to st.211 Family Code of Ukraine, the adopter of the child may be an employable person aged at least twenty-one years old, except when the adopter is a relative of the child.
The adopter may be a person who is older than a child, who next she is willing to adopt, by least fifteen years. The age difference between the adopter and the child can not excel forty-five years.
Moreover, according to Article 24 of the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Childhood" the adoption of the child, who is a citizen of Ukraine, can not be conducted by an unmarried foreigner, except when a foreigner is a relative of the child.
Citizens of Ukraine, who reside outside of Ukraine and foreigners wishing to adopt a child living in Ukraine, turn to the State Department for Adoption and Protection of Children’s Rights of the Ministry of Ukraine for Family, Youth and Sport (the Department).
The Department filed the case, which consists of the documents mentioned in paragraph 33 of the Order of proceeding with the adoption and implementation oversight of human adopted children (the order). The validity of the documents is one year from the date of issuance, unless otherwise stipulated by national laws (as stated in the document) in which they are issued. On the day of filing period to the Department for further action should be not less than six months.
Adoption of children who are citizens of Ukraine, foreigners married to citizens of Ukraine and permanently residing in Ukraine, conducted in the manner required for citizens of Ukraine.
Procedure and conditions of reception of application documents package from citizens of Ukraine who reside outside Ukraine and foreigners wishing to adopt a child in Ukraine, is defined by the Ministry of Ukraine for Family, Youth and Sports.
State Department for Adoption and Protection of Child Rights within 20 working days considering the application of citizens of Ukraine who reside outside of Ukraine and foreigners, checks the documents attached thereto, in accordance with current legislation.
In case of positive decision the Department has applicants for registration as candidates for adoption to date information about them to the book keeping candidates adopters.
In case of taking account of the applicant is sent by mail or seems justified in writing with documents submitted by him. Reasons for refusal of registering of a lack of documents specified requirements and the availability of unverified documents in due course corrections, the discrepancy translation of the original content.
Introduction of candidates for adopters with information about children who may be adopted, and granting them the directions to get acquainted with a child perform exceptionally Department.
Candidates for adoption are entitled to three times (including repeat receptions) for information about children who may be adopted, provided that the date of admission in the Department of term future of their documents will be no less than a month.
Adoption of a child who is a citizen of Ukraine, on the basis of a court decision in the manner prescribed by law.
The adopter will:
- personally pick up children from school or family, where it is raised in the presence of a service representative from Adoption Association after the presentation of a copy of a court decision on adoption;
- register the child in Consulate or Embassy of Ukraine in the country of residence a month after the adoption;
- provide an opportunity for consular representatives or diplomatic representatives to communicate with the child and to supervise the conditions of its residence and education;
- submit Consulate or diplomatic representation office of Ukraine with reports on living conditions and health of children each year within the first three years after the adoption of the child and later to the child’s coming of 18 years once every 3 years;
- inform of a change of residence of the adopted child Consular agencies or diplomatic missions of Ukraine, which oversees the living conditions and upbringing of the adopted child.
To adopt a child who is a citizen of Ukraine but living abroad, citizens of Ukraine and foreigners treated with an appropriate statement to consular or diplomatic mission of Ukraine in the country of residence of the child. The statement added the documents mentioned in paragraph 5 and subparagraphs 2.3, 5.11, paragraph 33 procedure.
Adoption of a child who is a citizen of Ukraine but living abroad is subject to permission by the Department.
We express our sincere appreciation to the adopters for adopting a citizen of Ukraine and hope to find understanding on the need to comply with the legislation of Ukraine.